An increasing number of local governments are complaining about a growing recycling crisis.
China is no longer taking Australia’s recycling material and the domestic recycling sector lacks capacity.
There’s particular concern in New South Wales, where councils say the Government is collecting landfill waste levies from them without reinvesting it in recycling capacity.
Authorised by Tara McCarthy, Level 8, 28 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- MEDIA RELEASE: Residents invited to have their say on household recycling in NSW
- Our top tips for being good to the earth this Christmas
- NSW under pressure to invest more in recycling
- Blue Mountains support for Save our Recycling campaign
- Save Our Recycling campaign launched in bid to solve recycling crisis